Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Trains...See How Happy Hubs' Is...

 ...and the nice engineer let him come up and stand in the cab while the engine was running (stopped on the track). It was about 110 degrees outside the cab and probably 120 inside. He was light-headed...

 ...this all took place in old Abilene Town, a living history-type attraction just outside of town. Before I took the photo, the stagecoach driver allowed me to pet the heads of the mules, Tom and Jerry. They were very gentle, tho I was cautioned that Jerry doesn't like his ears messed with....

...this would've been great with a fiery red sunset to contrast with the muted, distressed green paint....
...my dream-home. I'm almost serious. I would love to live in an authentic log cabin; one of the old-fashioned double cabins with a dog-trot in the middle...

...the log church in Old Abilene town; one of the few shots without any modern intrusions such as cars or light posts....Did I mention it was HOT? Also, I found a lady in the gift shop who had attended the event in Abilene in the early 1950's when Dwight Eisenhower announced his run for President; Abilene being his hometown. (Speaking of Living History)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...