Wednesday, July 13, 2011

As Promised, the Tour of the Faery Garden....

...a way to dress up the narrow vacant space between houses. We visited the Faery Garden a year ago with
Alice. That miniature fence is a family heirloom. Our Gardener friend lets her imagination run wild by finding pretty, whimsical toys, figurines and do-dads to arrange among tiny plants, like miniature hostas....
...here's the aerial view of the enclosed area. I started a Faery Garden among my hostas by my front door and the Gardener was kind enough to give me couple of extra things to start. At the end of that season, I carefully put everything away in a shoe box and then, hid the shoe box from myself!
 ...next to the fenced garden, the Faeries have a swimming beach made of sand, tiny toys and blue glass beads to represent water. Faeries are easily fooled, apparently. And you can see a couple of the small hostas, too...
...an Enchanted Hallow-- with one of the actual Faeries, caught in the act of enjoying the Garden! This is a great game for Ladies with Grandchildren! Somehow, Mom's seldom have time for stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...